As I’m getting ready to depart on my study abroad trip to Australia, I thought I would come up with some goals to keep in mind when I’m down under. Here they are:
- Come to better understand and better appreciate another culture other than my own.
- Become a better informed individual who is more aware of issues around the world.
- Be able to say I’ve walked in someone else’s shoes and been able to see the world through their eyes.
- Have no regrets when I return home.
- Reach out of my comfort zone.
- Force myself to do things I normally wouldn’t do or have the opportunity to do.
- Be more outgoing and more sociable.
- Make new friends.
- Look into joining a club or being involved in something of interest to me.
- Academically, fulfill credit towards my major and be open to new career paths I may not have known existed before.
- Go exploring on as many excursions and have as many adventures as I possibly can.
- Enjoy the experience of a lifetime and take advantage of it.
My biggest goal of all, however, would be to try and be true to what I have listed above and document every moment in pictures and memories.